Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Videos

SHOOTING BASICS:

One thing that I haven't learned much about is how to use HD video on my camera. I've messed around a little, attempting to make amateur videos out of what I've learned to do using my camera, but am incredibly limited and don't know why I set things the way I do. I feel like this video still doesn't answer the reason "why" but it did tell me a couple of helpful things. One thing I already knew was that you have to shoot video on manual focus. The reasons being pretty self explanatory. The video, however, did teach me that if you are looking to create a "cinematic look" to your videos, you need to set your camera at 24 frames per second and a shutter speed of 1/50. I'm not sure the reason why you have to set your camera that way, something I'm hoping to learn down the road when I get more into HD video.

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/specials/photography-specials/photo-tips/basics-dslr-hd-video-tips.html

STABILIZING THE CAMERA:

This video was pretty self explanatory... It's better to have a stable camera for videoing....

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/specials/photography-specials/photo-tips/stabilization-dslr-hd-video-tips.html


CAPTURING MOVEMENT:

This particular video was somewhat helpful as well. Most of the things he talks about I have learned through my own experience with messing around with HD video. He explains to find interesting angles and start shooting. He also mentioned "don't be afraid to get close to the action." This is something I've really found in shooting my own videos. I find getting up close and personal to the subject I'm shooting leads to a much more interesting video. There's something about being "in" the center of what's going on that draws your attention more.. Another tip he suggests is have your subject "moving in and out of the frame." This is also something I've learned through guess and check when shooting. When first trying to film, I would cut the frame short a second, when the subject was still walking out of the frame, but wasn't totally out of it... It leaves something to be desired, so it's important to finish the shot and let the subject move in and totally out of the frame before the cut.

DSLR HD Video Tips: Capturing Movementhttp://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/specials/photography-specials/photo-tips/capturing-movement-dslr-hd-video-tips.html

No comments:

Post a Comment